- Black Friday Sale
- Custom Solutions
- Latest News
- Contact us
JBL Synthesis SSW-1 Dual 15-inch (380mm) Passive Subwoofer
JBL Synthesis SSW-1 Dual 15-inch (380mm) Passive Subwoofer
The SSW-1 is the flagship JBL Synthesis subwoofer designed to complement any of the Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers (SCL-series). Featuring new dual 15-inch (380mm) high-excursion cast-frame woofers capable of handling 2500 WRMS each in a heavily-braced, ported enclosure, the SSW-1 delivers extreme performance for custom installations in large theaters.
Local pickup or $11 flat rate shipping within Australia
Part of the Synthesis Subwoofer series, the SSW-1 is the flagship passive subwoofer acoustically designed to complement any of the Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers (SCL series) as part of a complete JBL Synthesis solution. The SSW-1 features dual 15-inch (380mm) cast-frame, advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers, each with a massive 6-inch (152mm) voice coil for total system power handling of 5000W RMS. Cabinet tuning is via dual front-firing tuned ports featuring JBL’s patented Slipstream™ contouring for incredibly low-noise performance. The robust enclosure is constructed from 1-inch (25mm) MDF with extensive internal bracing and includes a steel-frame, magnetically-attached cloth grille. The configuration of the enclosure allows it to be positioned vertically or laid on its side horizontally for tremendous placement flexibility in applications including built-in, behind the screen, or in-room. The SSW-1 delivers powerful, dynamic, and accurate bass response in large rooms.
- Dual 15” (380mm) cast-frame advanced Aluminum Matrix cone woofers, each with a 6-inch (150mm) voice coil capable of over 3” (80mm) of cone travel
- Heavily braced black vinyl-clad cabinet built from 1-inch thick MDF with dual front-firing Slipstream ports, tuned to 18 Hz
- Cloth-wrapped, edge to edge metal frame grille with magnetic attachment
- Flexible horizontal or vertical placement
- Total system power handling of 5000 WRMS
- Type – Dual 15-inch (380mm) in-room passive subwoofer
- Recommended Amplifier Power – 2500 WRMS per woofer (5,000 WRMS total)
- Recommended Amplifier – (1) JBL Cinema MA4-D (bridged)
- Impedance – 8 Ohm per woofer
- Loudspeaker Sensitivity – 90 dB/1W/1m
- Frequency Response – 15 Hz – 400 Hz (-6 dB)
- Low Frequency Extension – 13.5 Hz (-10 dB), 15 Hz (-6 dB), 16.7 Hz (-3 dB)
- Enclosure Type – Bass reflex with dual front slipstream ports, tuned to 18 Hz
- Grille Dimensions – 53.5″ H x 24″ W x 0.738″ D (1358.9mm x 609.6mm x 18.75mm)
- Product Dimensions – 53.5″ H x 24″ W x 22″ D (1358.9mm x 609.6mm x 558.8mm)
- Input Type – Dual sets of gold-plated binding posts
- Product Weight – 159 kg
- Shipping Weight – 245.5 kg in crate
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
At Len Wallis Audio, whether you’re purchasing in store, over the phone or online through our ecommerce store, we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase.
Our Refund, Return and Repairs Policy is here to clarify any concerns or questions you might have prior to you making a purchase from us. This way you can be sure of our policy on refunds, returns and repairs and your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
We also recommend you immediately inspect any goods that you receive from us to ensure you are completely satisfied with the goods, including that the goods are of acceptable quality, and match the description we have provided to you.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com or 02 9427 6755
We require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Please do not send your purchase back to the original manufacturer.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable). For example:
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned for reason of change of mind more than 14 days after delivery or purchase from the store.
Consumer Guarantees and Your Rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Refer to our page for more information.
Goods Damaged in Transit.
If any goods arrive damaged, please contact us as soon as possible. Len Wallis Audio will arrange to have the damaged goods returned and either arrange for a replacement of the goods or refund the price to you. Damaged goods must be returned in the condition received by you with all original packaging, accessories and/or manuals.
Refunds will be normally be processed within five (5) days.
Where Len Wallis Audio considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee, any shipping costs to return the goods to Len Wallis Audio will be at our cost.
Returns and Repairs.
You may visit Len Wallis Audio and a staff member will assist you with any return or repair. This may include inspecting the goods, arranging for the goods to be repaired, or providing you with a replacement.
Goods must be returned within a reasonable time.
If any goods cannot be easily returned to us due to their size, the fault or because they have been affixed or installed in your premises, please contact us and we will arrange an inspection to assess the goods.
Goods returned for repair will be assessed and/or repaired within a reasonable time. You may be provided with an indicative repair time, which time may vary due to reasons beyond ours or the repairer’s reasonable control, such as part availability and incorrect fault description.
You may be required to pay labour, assessment and/or freight fees, such as where goods are assessed to have been damaged by misuse or accident, or where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply. We may provide you with an indicative fee, which may vary due to reasons beyond our control.
If any goods that you return are capable of retaining user generated data such as files stored on a hard drive, and songs stored on a portable media player, the replacement or repair of the goods may result in loss of the data. In these circumstances, we recommend you back up data to prevent data loss, and remove sensitive or confidential data, as a party assessing and/or repairing your goods may be required to view data in the course of carrying out the assessment. We will not be responsible for any data loss.
In some circumstances, goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Where you have any questions or concerns relating to your Order, please immediately contact us
We understand that sometimes you may simply change your mind about a purchase or have made a wrong selection. In these situations, you have 14 days in which to return your item for a refund, exchange or store credit. If more than 14 days has passed since your purchase we can’t offer you a refund, exchange or store credit.
To be eligible for a return, refund or store credit your item must be in the same condition that you received it. Which is to say, it must be in the original unopened packaging, and in ‘brand new’ saleable condition.
Please note that current Australian Consumer Law does not require us to offer a ‘Change of Mind’ refund. Rather Len Wallis Audio offers 14 day ‘Change of Mind Policy’ in good faith. For more information on consumer rights and guarantees, please visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission web site.