- Custom Solutions
- Latest News
- Contact us
$10,995Enquire about this product
The best of tubes and the best of solid-state in a fully dual mono design with top-shelf components and sophisticated power supplies.
Local pickup or $11 flat rate shipping within Australia
Greg Borrowman, Australian HiFi Magazine Editor reviews the EVO 300 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier exclusively for Len Wallis Audio.
Read his review here.
The PrimaLuna EVO 300 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier is a fine-tuned match of the PrimaLuna tube pre-stage and Durob Audio’s Floyd Design Mosfet power stage.
Floyd Design has been Durob’s Solid State Design department for almost 20 years. This department, headed by Jan de Groot, has been servicing, designing and modifying solidstate circuits since 2002! Jan has a long history and great experience with JFETs and Mosfets. After having been Service Manager from 1986 to 1995 for Luxman, Thorens, AirTight and Bowers & Wilkins in the Benelux region, he became responsible in 1995 for the design and production of Sphinx, a famous Dutch audio brand at the time. In 2002 Jan started to work for Durob Audio, participating in the real-world experience of distribution and servicing, repairing, modifying solid-state reference brands like Cello, Dartzeel, D’Agostino and more.
Designed in collaboration with Floyd Design, the EVO 300 has a valve preamp with a solid-state power stage that the company claims delivers the best of both worlds – the fluidity of valves and the grip of solid-state circuitry – while still maintaining a coherent sonic signature. The result of this fusion of valve and solid-state engineering know-how is an amp that delivers generous dynamic range and broad stereo imaging with expressive mids and highs plus a tight, controlled bass.
The Primaluna pre-stage uses the brand’s well known six piece 12AU7 configuration. The Floyd Mosfet power stage uses paired Linear Systems JFETs and 20N20/20P20 Mosfets resulting in a 2 x 100 Watt power rating at 8 Ohm. Where possible, they use hard wiring, and if PCBs are needed, they use the highest quality PCBs available (2.5mm thick instead of the standard 1.6mm), 105um (usually 35um) gold plated copper tracks.
The PrimaLuna pre-stage uses two power supplies (including two separate transformers), while the power stage comes with a single 500VA transformer. The starting point for all the power supplies is PrimaLuna’s AC Offset Killer circuit. The amplifier comes with six inputs (5 x Line RCA, 1 x HT) and outputs (tape out, stereo/mono sub, headphone and speakers, of course). It arrives with a fully shielded heavy-metal sub-chassis for the optional MM phono stage.
AC Offset Killer – A PrimaLuna Exclusive
AC Offset Killer is about goose bumps. The ones you get when music comes out of a background so quiet, you may say to yourself “Just how is this possible?” PrimaLuna custom-winds their own massive toroidal power transformers that are low in hum and EMI. But they wanted more. The engineers designed the AC Offset Killer to lower transformer noise to a place no other manufacturer dreams of going, regardless of how bad your electricity is. The result? Sense of space. Texture. The resonance of an acoustic guitar or violin string that seems to trail on forever. The AC Offset Killer will amaze you.
- A hybrid amplifier combining the advantages of valves and solid-state circuitry in one luxurious unit
- 100 Watts per channel @ 8 Ohms
- 5 x stereo RCA inputs & 1 stereo home theater input
- RCA Stereo/Mono Subwoofer output & headphone output
- Tube compliment: 6 x 12AU7
- A perfect coupling of valve and solid-state amplification.
- The preamp stage uses six hand-selected 12AU7 valves (2 x input, 4 x driver) – not a vague nod to valves in the signal path, like most other hybrid amps, but a properly engineered valve stage.
- The dual-mono solid-state power section incorporates paired JFETs from Linear Systems and specially manufactured MOSFETs, delivering (over) 2 x 100W into 8 ohms.
- Hardwiring is used extensively throughout the circuit design. Where PCBs are required, these are of the highest quality – 2.4mm thick with 105um gold-plated copper tracks.
- The valve preamp stage includes two power supplies with separate transformers; the solid-state power stage uses a dedicated 500VA transformer.
- All power supplies benefit from PrimaLuna’s ‘AC Offset Killer’ circuit, ensuring that DC on the mains never causes the transformers to hum.
- It incorporates circuit components of the highest quality, sourced from all over the world from manufacturers such as Takman, DuRoch, Nichicon, Alps, Linear Systems, Rubycon and Kemet.
- The amp comes with six inputs (5x line-level RCA, 1x home cinema bypass). Tape out and Sub out (Mono and Stereo). A fully shielded sub-chassis for the optional PhonoLogue phono stage attaches to the underside of the amp.
- Power 8 Ohm: >100 Watts per channel (typical 115 Watts)
- Power 4 Ohm: >150 Watts per channel (typical 170 Watts)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz – 80 kHz +/- 3 dB
- THD: < 0.2% 100W @ 8 Ohm S/N Ratio: -105dB (A-Weighted)
- Input Impedance: 34 kOhm
- Input Sensitivity: 415 mV
- Total Gain: 37.2 dB (7dB + 30.2dB)
- Power Consumption: 99 Watts (no signal in); 645W@4R
- Net weight: 55.1 lbs / 25 kg
- Shipping Weight: 63.9 lbs / 29 kg
- Dimensions: 15.9″ x 15.2″ x 8.1″ / 405 x 385 x 205 mm (L x W x H)
- Shipping dimensions: 22.7″ x 18.4″ x 12.4″ / 578 x 468 x 316 mm (L x W x H)
- Inputs: 5 pairs Stereo RCA, 1 pair Home Theater Input
- Outputs: 4 & 8 Ohm Speaker Taps, Tape, Stereo/Mono Sub, Headphone
- Tube Complement: 6 x 12AU7
- Damping Coefficient: 160 (1 kHz)
|Dimensions||568 × 385 × 205 mm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
At Len Wallis Audio, whether you’re purchasing in store, over the phone or online through our ecommerce store, we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase.
Our Refund, Return and Repairs Policy is here to clarify any concerns or questions you might have prior to you making a purchase from us. This way you can be sure of our policy on refunds, returns and repairs and your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
We also recommend you immediately inspect any goods that you receive from us to ensure you are completely satisfied with the goods, including that the goods are of acceptable quality, and match the description we have provided to you.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9427 6755
We require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Please do not send your purchase back to the original manufacturer.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable). For example:
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned for reason of change of mind more than 14 days after delivery or purchase from the store.
Consumer Guarantees and Your Rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Refer to our page for more information.
Goods Damaged in Transit.
If any goods arrive damaged, please contact us as soon as possible. Len Wallis Audio will arrange to have the damaged goods returned and either arrange for a replacement of the goods or refund the price to you. Damaged goods must be returned in the condition received by you with all original packaging, accessories and/or manuals.
Refunds will be normally be processed within five (5) days.
Where Len Wallis Audio considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee, any shipping costs to return the goods to Len Wallis Audio will be at our cost.
Returns and Repairs.
You may visit Len Wallis Audio and a staff member will assist you with any return or repair. This may include inspecting the goods, arranging for the goods to be repaired, or providing you with a replacement.
Goods must be returned within a reasonable time.
If any goods cannot be easily returned to us due to their size, the fault or because they have been affixed or installed in your premises, please contact us and we will arrange an inspection to assess the goods.
Goods returned for repair will be assessed and/or repaired within a reasonable time. You may be provided with an indicative repair time, which time may vary due to reasons beyond ours or the repairer’s reasonable control, such as part availability and incorrect fault description.
You may be required to pay labour, assessment and/or freight fees, such as where goods are assessed to have been damaged by misuse or accident, or where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply. We may provide you with an indicative fee, which may vary due to reasons beyond our control.
If any goods that you return are capable of retaining user generated data such as files stored on a hard drive, and songs stored on a portable media player, the replacement or repair of the goods may result in loss of the data. In these circumstances, we recommend you back up data to prevent data loss, and remove sensitive or confidential data, as a party assessing and/or repairing your goods may be required to view data in the course of carrying out the assessment. We will not be responsible for any data loss.
In some circumstances, goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Where you have any questions or concerns relating to your Order, please immediately contact us
We understand that sometimes you may simply change your mind about a purchase or have made a wrong selection. In these situations, you have 14 days in which to return your item for a refund, exchange or store credit. If more than 14 days has passed since your purchase we can’t offer you a refund, exchange or store credit.
To be eligible for a return, refund or store credit your item must be in the same condition that you received it. Which is to say, it must be in the original unopened packaging, and in ‘brand new’ saleable condition.
Please note that current Australian Consumer Law does not require us to offer a ‘Change of Mind’ refund. Rather Len Wallis Audio offers 14 day ‘Change of Mind Policy’ in good faith. For more information on consumer rights and guarantees, please visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission web site.
There are no reviews yet.