- Black Friday Sale
- Custom Solutions
- Latest News
- Contact us
Dohmann audio Helix Two Turntable w/ Schröder CB9 Tonearm – Black / Silver
Dohmann audio Helix Two Turntable w/ Schröder CB9 Tonearm – Black / Silver
The Helix Two Mk2 incorporates the Döhmann Audio technologies into a smaller footprint with a single tonearm facility and is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance in analogue playback
Local pickup or $11 flat rate shipping within Australia
THE FUTURE IN ANALOG PLAYBACK
The Helix 2 is engineered to deliver unparalleled performance in analog playback. It raises the benchmarks for noise reduction and preservation of signals due to its unique Micro Signal Architecture (MSA) design.
The complex chassis design of the Helix 2 incorporates technological innovations to eliminate cloudiness and time signature smear inherent in a turntable’s basic design premise.
This fresh approach addresses each aspect of noise and vibration suppression using the latest in visualization techniques, engineering concepts, and patented technologies.
Other innovations achieved by the Helix 2 design team include:
- Active transmigration of vibrations away from the bearing and platter.
- Motor drive control over fluidity and dynamics eliminates motor “hunt and seek” disruption to platter rotation.
- Adaptation and integration of a Negative Stiffness Mechanism NSM©, a unique isolation system originally developed by Minus-K and customized in conjunction with Audio Union, for isolation of low frequency floor vibrations.
Schroder CB TONEARM
Historically mechanical crossovers have been well documented in loudspeaker design for decades. Experienced designers such as Dr Plamen Ivanov Valtchev in Europe have published numerous papers (AES, patents, etc.) on advanced mechanical speaker structures and designs.
Here is a summary of one successful implementation.
Coupling the cone of the speaker to a voice coil bobbin through a compliant section and directly attaching a small lightweight whizzer cone allows the compliant section to serve as a compliant filter!
The main cone is not vibrated at higher frequencies as whizzer cone responds to all frequencies, however due to its smaller size; it limits the output at higher frequencies, thereby implementing a “mechanical crossover function”.
From this method we learn the shape and weight of the components influence the acoustic behavior under vibration. Therefore, selection of materials and the suspension elements utilized actually determine the crossover frequencies and their effectiveness! This is not necessarily a good approach for a tonearm, even disregarding the complexity of integration needed to achieve our high fidelity goal.
THE CB TONEARM FEATURES SEVERAL UNIQUE TECHNOLOGIES AND SOLUTIONS
- Magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid bearings eliminating bearing chatter completely, guaranteeing constant rigid structural coupling and silent ultra-low friction movement.
- Unique system for lateral movement damped by eddy current induction.
- Extremely low bearing stiction/friction through the use of magnetically centered and pre-loaded ceramic hybrid ball bearings.
- Symmetrical mass distribution around the central bearing axes prevents external excitation to cause any cantilever deflection
- The geometry and mass balance prevents change in VTF when altering VTA
- Bearing for vertical movement is on the same plane as record, so the arm is immune to warp wow effects
- Wiring harness with extremely low dielectric losses allows mounting of any MM cartridges with proper capacitive load at the phonostage.
- Symmetrical layout of the conductors preventing RF and EMI entering your preamplifier.
- Multi-layer armwand construction using carbon fiber and other composites create extreme torsional and bending stiffness with very high internal damping factors. This prevents any signal reflection back into the cartridge.
- A dual section counterweight is incorporated with an adjustable damping system. This allows tuning of structural vibration absorptions to prevent signal reflection across the armwand. Magnetic anti-skating; essentially the forces vary across the record during playback to correctly compensate for the skating forces
110-120 VAC, 50/60Hz 2A
220/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz 1A
The Helix Two was launched at the Munich High End show in May 2017 and has been manufactured till August 2019.
The Helix Two Mk2 is the current version and has been manufactured from September 2019 onwards. It incorporates a new Swiss-manufactured motor made to Dohmann Audio’s specifications, new power supply, new electronics, new speed adjust functionality and some upgraded resonance mitigation technology.
Dimensions and Weight
Helix Two Mk2 Turntable
Width 480mm x Depth 400mm x Height 200mm
Combined shipping weight is 70Kg in a custom road case.
Recommended installation requires a surface capable of supporting up to 60Kg.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
At Len Wallis Audio, whether you’re purchasing in store, over the phone or online through our ecommerce store, we want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase.
Our Refund, Return and Repairs Policy is here to clarify any concerns or questions you might have prior to you making a purchase from us. This way you can be sure of our policy on refunds, returns and repairs and your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
We also recommend you immediately inspect any goods that you receive from us to ensure you are completely satisfied with the goods, including that the goods are of acceptable quality, and match the description we have provided to you.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9427 6755
We require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- Please do not send your purchase back to the original manufacturer.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable). For example:
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned for reason of change of mind more than 14 days after delivery or purchase from the store.
Consumer Guarantees and Your Rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Refer to our page for more information.
Goods Damaged in Transit.
If any goods arrive damaged, please contact us as soon as possible. Len Wallis Audio will arrange to have the damaged goods returned and either arrange for a replacement of the goods or refund the price to you. Damaged goods must be returned in the condition received by you with all original packaging, accessories and/or manuals.
Refunds will be normally be processed within five (5) days.
Where Len Wallis Audio considers the goods to have breached a consumer guarantee, any shipping costs to return the goods to Len Wallis Audio will be at our cost.
Returns and Repairs.
You may visit Len Wallis Audio and a staff member will assist you with any return or repair. This may include inspecting the goods, arranging for the goods to be repaired, or providing you with a replacement.
Goods must be returned within a reasonable time.
If any goods cannot be easily returned to us due to their size, the fault or because they have been affixed or installed in your premises, please contact us and we will arrange an inspection to assess the goods.
Goods returned for repair will be assessed and/or repaired within a reasonable time. You may be provided with an indicative repair time, which time may vary due to reasons beyond ours or the repairer’s reasonable control, such as part availability and incorrect fault description.
You may be required to pay labour, assessment and/or freight fees, such as where goods are assessed to have been damaged by misuse or accident, or where your rights under the Australian Consumer Law or any manufacturer’s warranty do not apply. We may provide you with an indicative fee, which may vary due to reasons beyond our control.
If any goods that you return are capable of retaining user generated data such as files stored on a hard drive, and songs stored on a portable media player, the replacement or repair of the goods may result in loss of the data. In these circumstances, we recommend you back up data to prevent data loss, and remove sensitive or confidential data, as a party assessing and/or repairing your goods may be required to view data in the course of carrying out the assessment. We will not be responsible for any data loss.
In some circumstances, goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Where you have any questions or concerns relating to your Order, please immediately contact us
We understand that sometimes you may simply change your mind about a purchase or have made a wrong selection. In these situations, you have 14 days in which to return your item for a refund, exchange or store credit. If more than 14 days has passed since your purchase we can’t offer you a refund, exchange or store credit.
To be eligible for a return, refund or store credit your item must be in the same condition that you received it. Which is to say, it must be in the original unopened packaging, and in ‘brand new’ saleable condition.
Please note that current Australian Consumer Law does not require us to offer a ‘Change of Mind’ refund. Rather Len Wallis Audio offers 14 day ‘Change of Mind Policy’ in good faith. For more information on consumer rights and guarantees, please visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission web site.